We have years of experience litigating complex commercial disputes representing the most sophisticated of clients, including the world’s largest financial institutions, investment funds, unicorn technology companies, corporate executives, government contractors, and others. Drawing from our experiences at preeminent commercial litigation firms, we are experienced in litigating nearly all types of complex commercial disputes, including securities litigation, corporate disputes, regulatory actions, M&A litigation, whistleblower actions, and many more.
Representative examples of our commercial litigation experience (some of which took place before launching Bloch & White) include:
- Represented leading renewable energy storage company in complex contract dispute in S.D.N.Y. and then the Commercial Division, New York Supreme Court, ultimately securing the granting in full of a pre-discovery motion to dismiss, leading to the dismissal of all claims against our client.
- Represented multi-billion dollar tech start-up and its former president in defense of a securities fraud action in Delaware and a state law fraud claim in New York, both concerning the start-up’s corporate acquisitions prior to an attempted initial public offering.
- Represented witness in a multi-billion dollar shareholder securities action concerning the merger of two energy companies.
- Represented in trial court, appellate court, and mediation some of the world’s largest financial institutions in a diverse array of billion-dollar mortgage-backed securities lawsuits involving contract, tort, securities, and statutory claims.
- Represented in trial court and on appeal a major defense contractor in defense against a False Claims Act complaint concerning a $1 billion government contract, ultimately leading to the Department of Justice’s decision not to intervene in the matter and the dismissal of all claims pursuant to a Rule 12(b)(6) motion to dismiss, which was affirmed almost entirely on appeal.
- Represented in trial court and on appeal lenders of tens of millions of dollars issued through promissory notes to corporate entities, in an action alleging that defendants wrongfully looted the entities for their personal benefit creating causes of action for unjust enrichment, fraudulent conveyance, fraud, and breach of contract.
- Represented investment advisory firm in arbitration dispute with former investment desk manager concerning incentive compensation and allegations of breaches of fiduciary duties.
- Represented major bikeshare operator in intervening in a lawsuit brought by a leading competitor against a major municipality where the competitor alleged that a proposed dockless bikeshare program breached its exclusive contract with the city.
- Represented in trial court and on appeal a multi-billion dollar tech company in injunctive relief lawsuit against arbitration provider concerning the provider’s administration of a “mass arbitration” concerning tens of thousands of nearly identical “reverse discrimination” claims.
- Represented Fortune 100 company in defense of a nearly $50 million putative class action false advertising claim in federal court.
- Represented one of the country’s largest health insurance providers in defense of fraud claim brought by New York Attorney General.
- Represented co-founder of pet supply start-up company in potential dispute with other founders over corporate strategy and control.
- Represented investment advisory firm in connection with potential dispute with a third-party placement agent.
We have a depth of experience litigating high stakes appeals in federal and state courts, at all levels and in all types of matters.