PUBLIC INTEREST & IMPACT LITIGATION
Public Interest/Impact Litigation
Building off of our experience litigating—and winning—a groundbreaking trial against the white supremacists that planned and implemented the Unite the Right rally in Charlottesville, VA in August 2017, we launched this firm in part to litigate high impact public interest matters, including in the spheres of political extremism, criminal justice reform, gun violence, and many others. Examples of our public interest work (some performed before the launch of Bloch & White LLP) include:
- Securing a $26 million judgment following a jury trial against the neo-Nazis and white supremacists who organized the deadly Unite the Right rally in Charlottesville, VA in August 2017.
- Representing a witness in a civil fraud action brought by the Massachusetts Attorney General’s office against one of the world’s largest producers of greenhouse gasses.
- Represented a group that provides pro bono legal representation in connection with an action seeking to hold accountable those responsible for wrongly punishing New York prisoners on the basis of faulty drug tests.
- Represented putative class and plaintiffs in complex fraud action brought by the victims of a multi-level marketing scheme promoted by Donald J. Trump and certain members of his family.
- Representing potential witnesses in a civil rights action alleging that the NYPD falsely arrested and used excessive force against participants in a Black Lives Matter demonstration following the murder of George Floyd.
We have a depth of experience litigating high stakes appeals in federal and state courts, at all levels and in all types of matters.