We have a depth of experience litigating high stakes appeals in state and federal courts, at all levels and in all types of matters. We have litigated appeals that have vindicated important constitutional rights, successfully protected clients’ interests in billion-dollar cases, advocated for important criminal justice principles, and supported key legal interests in amicus (“friend of the court”) briefs before the United States Supreme Court and elsewhere.
Representative examples of the appellate work we have performed (some before launching Bloch & White) include:
- Secured near total affirmance by the Second Circuit of the dismissal of False Claims Act claims concerning clients’ $1 billion defense contract.
- Representing appellant-petitioner in the Second Circuit on an appeal of his denial of his petition of habeas corpus.
- Argued an application before the New York Court of Appeals for leave to appeal in a matter raising novel issues concerning the admissibility of evidence in a criminal matter.
- Obtained reversal by the Second Circuit of the trial court’s dismissal of Sixth Amendment right of access claims on behalf of a federal organization of criminal defense attorneys.
- Obtained the First Department’s reinstatement of clients’ unjust enrichment claim valued at nearly $100 million.
- Represented criminal defendants on direct appeal of their criminal convictions and sentences, including in habeas corpus proceedings.
- Obtained expedited preliminary relief by the First Department in an appeal concerning client’s defense of the mass arbitration of supposed “reverse” discrimination claims.
- Obtained the First Department’s reinstatement of client’s statute of limitations defense in a mortgage-backed securities litigation alleging more than $1 billion in damages.
We have a depth of experience litigating high stakes appeals in federal and state courts, at all levels and in all types of matters.